Tuesday, March 15, 2011

STITCHTASTIC



I am in love with the work of Jenny Hart, talented embroidery artist and creator of the very excellent Sublime Sitching. Her sassy stitcheries captured my heart with their innovative take on such a traditional medium. I adore her whimsical, playful iconography (think sexy-librarians, Mexican wrestlers, cuts of meat and pin-up girls), intricate portraits of show-biz legends (her Dolly Parton is my favourite), and straight forward, humorous instructables. This aint your Gramma's embroidery!





4 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous! You might want to try embroidery next Kit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should check out the outsider art of Ted Willcox - http://christinemacaulay.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/ted-willcox.jpg

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Mei, Ted's work is pretty neat. Great colours! Thanks for the suggestion. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading, I would love to hear from you!