Monday, May 23, 2011

MCA ZINE FAIR



Over the weekend I was fortunate enough to participate in the MCA Zine Fair for the second year in a row. The event is always so much fun and this year was no exception. I shared a table with my good friends Georgia and Radge. We had a great day showing off our wares and checking out the amazing selection of zines on offer. Thanks to all that visited the stall and bought a treat from me!

My zine offerings included a tiny book of disguises, a twin set of tiny zines to share with a best friend, a zine made entirely of felt landscapes, some yummy felt food brooches, and my proudest achievement: the first issue of my Party Craft zine. Party Craft will be a series of little publications aimed to instruct and inspire readers to create wonderful parties of their own. It's a little B-Side to the party-related project I mentioned earlier (and will reveal soon!)

At the fair I snagged a few true gems for myself, including: some of Georgia's amazing badges, a Ken Done postcard from All Thumbs Press, the new issue of The Tilted Page by my friend Jonathon Venezuela, a little feather card by Claire Orrell, a brilliant hand painted gemstone notepad by Spoonful, and a collection of precious sketches in a polkadot envelope by Yumi Takahashi of Dear Plastic.

For those of you who couldn't make it to the zine fair, I have posted a collection of zines that I sold last year online for sale and will update my shop with the new batch of printed delights - including Party Craft - in the next couple of days. Hope you like them!










9 comments:

  1. Looks amazing! I can't wait to read Party Craft.
    Also, gem drawing pins? So my vibe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of you when I found those gems!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cover of Party Craft! Totally adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was wonderful to finally meet you Kit at the Zine fair! Love your party zine. Had so much fun opening it when I got home- confetti fun everywhere! Looking forward to the next edition xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you!! I love the cover too. Jenna, was so great to meet you finally as well x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so devastated that I missed the fair! I had the loveliest time last year, came home with so many goodies. Looks like it was just as fantastic in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, it's always so fun, isn't it? You should come along to the A4 Paper Festival launch night at the Papermill next Tuesday. A bunch of people who sold at MCA Zine Fair will have stock for sale there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kit i´m in love with your blog! I love craft!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Natalia! I also really love craft...if you hadn't already noticed, hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading, I would love to hear from you!