Monday, June 6, 2011

HANDMADE ROUNDUP



Phew! When it rains, it pours. I've just come to the end of a very hectic three weeks, where almost every moment was taken up with some kind of event preparation or making-fest, leaving hardly any time for the every day things, like housework, eating, and sleeping - a scenario that seems to happen a lot to me... Despite all that, I've had some very fulfilling experiences lately, the most amazing by far being my involvement in the Vivid Sydney Etsy visit to Australia, where I helped plan an Etsy party and created a special living room set and decorations for the event.

Spending some time with Matt Stinchcomb - director of Etsy Europe - was so utterly inspiring...and fun! Chatting about the global handmade marketplace, the Etsy universe, and the Sydney craft community was so great. I learned SO much from him and am now very excited about working to build our craft community here with many ideas and plans to be hatched in the near future!



3 comments:

  1. The decorations at the event look great kit! Looking forward to Friday etsy party xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your help! I'm excited for Friday too xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much for throwing that craft night Kit. It was great to meet you and all those fun people. I look forward to the next one.
    Also, your blog is super cute

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading, I would love to hear from you!