Tuesday, July 3, 2012

LEGO FESTIVAL OF PLAY


I have had the pleasure of working on some pretty rad projects this year, one of my favourites being the Festival of Play, a celebration of Lego's 50th year in Australia. I was one of 10 creative people (including legends like Benja Harney, Romance Was Born, and Adriano Zumbo) commissioned to make a special artwork that was then transformed into a Lego mosaic and displayed along Macquarie Street in the CBD last month. My piece was inspired by traditional cross-stitch motifs. The works are now on show at the Powerhouse Museum, until July 30.



Image: Me & Lego Brickworks

10 comments:

  1. Was so excited for you when I saw this in the CBD! You're really making your way around Sydney bus shelters! Hehe. I'll have to get down to the Powerhouse to see all the others. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Megan!! Haha, so funny about the bus shelters, I'm still slightly mortified every time I run into myself on one, especially if I happen to have my bike with me!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Kitiya...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 03, 2012

    Amazing work Kitiya. I want some Lego to play with... Well you did say that fun never ends!
    Dad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dad! I will get you some for your birthday ;)

      Delete
  4. Love Lego and love what you've done with it, cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lis! I had a look on your blog and see that you know my mum! Hope you had a great time on the tour in Japan!

      Delete
  5. amazing work, looks great - especially illuminated!
    love love love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! I was pleasantly surprised when they told me they lit up at night!

      Delete

Thank you for reading, I would love to hear from you!