Thursday, May 9, 2013

MADE BY HAND EPISODE #1: HOLLIE MARTIN


YAY! So apart from cringing at the sound of my own voice, I'm so proud to bring you my very first radio show in podcast form. Last Saturday I had the pleasure of interviewing the very talented artist and jewellery maker Hollie Martin as my first ever guest. She is a true diamond, and I think you'll enjoy this little chat we had about her work and creative practices.



 photo Hollie martin artist and designer

* HOLLIE MARTIN'S FAVOURITE THINGS*

Sydney hangout: Gordon's Bay in the summer
Object in your studio: A kaleidoscope!
Snack: A cheeseburger
Place you've ever been: I haven't done much travel as an adult so I would have to say the north coast of NSW because I always feel so calm and grounded when I'm there.
Creative crushes: MISO, THE MANIA MANIA, Natalie Wood of SOMETHING ELSE, Leif Podhajsky, Alexandra Valenti, Kelsey Brookes, Emilie Cacace of Andeol, Rachel Urquhart of PONY GOLD.

* HOLLIE ON THE INTERNETZ *
Website, Facebook, Hollie instagram, Shop Kindred, Kindred instagram

Tune in to 2ser 107.3 this Saturday at 10am for the next instalment of the show, and don't forget to keep checking back here for the podcast afterwards!

Hollie Martin necklace from Kindred jewellery line
Painting by Hollie Martin
Images: Amanda Como and Hollie Martin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, I would love to hear from you!