Wednesday, October 23, 2013

MY BEST FRIENDS' WEDDING


It's been a little quiet on the blog front lately, mainly because I've had my head down working so hard on a couple of projects that have just now wrapped up. The first was probably the most special thing I've ever been tasked to do - the decorations for my best friends Ana and Shunji's wedding. These two people are so dear to my heart and it was a complete honour to create some fiesta-inspired decoration concepts for their big day. We decked the reception hall out with colourful streamers and papel picado, and I made a huge paper flower wall for the photobooth. There was also a giant personalised papel picado banner which I'm trying to find a nice photo of still, as being a bridesmaid doesn't leave much time for getting any good shots of anything! Ana and I visited the flower markets at the crack of dawn and bought a whole array of beautiful fresh blooms. Everyone chipped in to make posies for the tables, it was lovely! As well as my own phone snaps, I've borrowed a couple from Shunji's sister Emi who was the official wedding photographer on the day as well as the creator of the most beautiful wedding cake ever (see it here). I'll try to find more photos as they emerge and share them here. Congratulations Ana and Shunji! I love you both so much. xo

DIY wedding on Kitiya Palaskas blog
DIY wedding on Kitiya Palaskas blog
DIY wedding on Kitiya Palaskas blog
DIY wedding on Kitiya Palaskas blog
DIY wedding on Kitiya Palaskas blog
DIY wedding on Kitiya Palaskas blog
DIY wedding on Kitiya Palaskas blog
DIY wedding on Kitiya Palaskas blog
Images: Emiko Davies and me.

3 comments:

  1. All beautiful, such beautiful gals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such an amazingly beautiful and explosively creative floral backdrop... super fun fiesta themed wedding idea! and congrats to your pals and and shunji!^__^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the backdrop - super amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading, I would love to hear from you!